Celebrate both National Aviation Day and Orville Wright’s Birthday on August 19th, 2021 in the Outer Banks.
Make plans to join First Flight Society for our National Aviation Day Event on August 19th. We will be celebrating National Aviation Day and Orville Wright’s birthday at the Dare County Regional Airport (MQI). There will be representatives from First Flight Society and several other Aviation and Outer Banks organizations, as well as educational displays. Exhibitors include Kitty Hawk Kites, Elizabeth City State University, and the Military Aviation Museum. The Military Aviation Museum will be bringing one of their World War II warbirds!
Free and fun for the whole family. Event hours will be 10:00 AM-4:00 PM.
The Dare County Airport is located at:
410 Airport Road
Manteo, NC 27954
Look out for more details here and through email and social media as we get closer.
Please RSVP on our Facebook event page.
CELEBRATE NATIONAL AVIATION DAY AND ORVILLE WRIGHT’S BIRTHDAY
WITH THE FIRST FLIGHT SOCIETY!
9AM TO 2PM
Dare County Airport (MQI)
FREE AND FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
FREE THINGS TO DO:
- Meet members and learn about the First Flight Society
- Aviation static displays: Navion, Caravans, Med Flight Helo, Elizabeth City State University (ECSU) C-172, and ECSU simulator
- Learn about the ECSU STEM Progams
- Visit the Airport Museum and learn about the WWII squadrons that had special training at NAAS Manteo (the origin of this airport).
Weather permitting, the airport commercial operators will be offering the following opportunities for a fee:
· Open cockpit biplane, helicopter and warbird tours over the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina!
· Tandem Skydiving!
410 Airport Road
Manteo NC 27954